Monday, July 19, 2010

Meze and Spice Route



Well I haven't been quite this full in a number of months. Today for lunch I went to an Indian restaurant called Spice Route, where there have a lunch buffet for $9.95 during the week from 11:30 am to 2:30 pm. I basically ate my weight in butter chicken and paneer tikka masala, and it was easily some of the best Indian food I have ever had in my life. My only caution is that it's nearly impossible not to overeat, and I almost always skip a few meals after eating here.

As far as favorite restaurants go, I also really love Meze's restaurant in Kirkland, which serves delicious Mediterranean food both as a sit-down restaurant and a deli take-out counter. I love their hummus and shepherd's salad, but the real reason I love to go there is for their zucchini pancakes - or Mucver - which are really light and fluffy and taste much more like vegetables than starchy carbs. At $2 each for a pancake 1.5x the size of my hand, the food is a little expensive but well worth it due to the fresh ingredients and homemade dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment