Tuesday, July 20, 2010

An Excess of Handbags


I recently took a survey to possibly participate in a consumer survey conducted on behalf of Vera Bradley. There was a question on the survey that asked how often I purchase a new bag. The options were once a year, twice a year, three times a year, or four times or more a year. My question is, why in the world is the most frequent category only four times a year? Is that a lot? I for one don't think so. Since I've been home for the summer, I've already acquired seven new bags, and though most of them were extremely cheap or free or handmade, the survey question didn't distinguish between expensive and inexpensive bags.

I definitely have a favorite style of bag. Four of the bags I've gotten since I got home are all cross-body hipsters of around the same size. One of them is from Target, one of them I got with a Vera Bradley coupon, one of them my Mom sewed and I made an beaded heart appliqué to decorate it, and the last one I bought this morning for $6 at a thrift store, 15 hours after I saw it in the new window display last night (photo: VB, thrift store, Target, hand-made). I just couldn't let this one get away. It's completely covered in beads and sequins with a long gold chain as a strap. Tomorrow I will take pictures of at least these four bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment