Saturday, July 17, 2010

Etsy Mania


Who doesn't love Etsy? Seriously, for those of you who have yet to join the Etsy bandwagon, get a move on! You are seriously missing out on some really awesome stuff! So the basic concept of Etsy is that artists or small stores create an account and sell their hand-crafted wares online. They sell all sorts of random things, but my favorite by far is the jewelry! Big surprise as I wear a moderate to large amount of jewelry every day. I'm always searching for more, and I'm a really big fan of good, cheap finds. My favorite places to look are flea markets, because at almost every decent flea market there are always a few stands that sell ziploc bags full of old jewelry for bulk prices. My very, very favorite place to go is a stand at the Fremont Sunday Market, where they always have a bin of dollar jewelry. I've gotten some of my very favorite pieces there.

But back to Etsy. Lately I've been eying their nature-inspired jewelry, and especially the pieces concerning roses. I absolutely adore the silver orchid earrings pictured above. Here are some of my other favorites:

No comments:

Post a Comment