Sunday, July 18, 2010

It's High Time for a Tea Post


If there's one thing that I absolutely love, it's going to a tea shop and having high tea with my mom. We search for places that serve a traditional high tea with tea, scones, tea sandwiches, and desserts. So far we've been to quite a few places, but we are always looking for me. My absolute favorite place to go as far as food quality is concerned is called Remedy Teas, and it's actually a tea shop (similar to a coffee shop) that also serves high tea. They serve it anytime (which is a fabulous luxury as far as high tea is concerned), and they don't take reservations so everything is for walk-ins. They have 150 flavors of tea that are all named and numbered to be kept track of easily, and they can all be served hot or iced. The only downside to Remedy Teas is that they are a medium sized shop that seems to be quite popular among locals, and because they don't take reservations it would be difficult to bring more than five or six people and do high tea. I would recommend a group of four people as the ideal high tea group here.

The high tea menu at Remedy Teas is a little interesting because in addition to picking your tea, you also get to pick which sandwiches, which truffle, and which dessert you want. My favorite sandwich by far is something called the Apple Pie, which is apple butter and cheddar cheese grilled on date walnut bread. It's so delicious that my mom and I made our own version of it at home, only we added apple slices, which I think are a very nice touch. My favorite flavor of tea there so far is something called #49 Silk and Citrus. It has a creamy taste that is due to vanilla (although the tea doesn't taste like vanilla), which complements the citrus flavor beautifully. Even if you don't like vanilla, this tea will probably still appeal to you, so I suggest you hold off judgement until you try it. I prefer it hot - it isn't quite as delicious iced.

No comments:

Post a Comment