Sunday, August 8, 2010

Trip to the Sanrio Store


This is Chococat. Chococat is a licensed character of the Sanrio company, which means that he is friends with Hello Kitty. And if your next question is who is Hello Kitty, then you should probably stop reading now. I suggest some Google therapy.

Anyways, lately I've been reading this blog, called Bentobloggy. It was the featured blog on my dashboard a few days ago, and I've fallen in love with it. It's written by a mom who blogs about the bento-style lunches she packs for her 4-year-old daughter every day. The pictures are adorable! She uses a lot of Hello Kitty lunch boxes, and I've been inspired to get one for myself.

So today I made the infrequent trek upstairs in my local mall to the Sanrio store. Now the Sanrio store is a bit of mystery to me. It's been in our mall for at least 10 years, right next to the oft-visited Claire's store of around the same age, but when I was younger, the Sanrio store had a reputation for always being completely empty anytime anyone walked by. So of course I never went in it much because what 10-year-old wants to be the only person in a store? Then I would have had to talk to the salesperson! Anyway when I went into the store today, it was completely packed. I was astounded. I've always wondered how this store even managed to stay open for so many years when it appeared to have no customers. Turnover at our mall is ridiculously high. I guess all the invisible customers spent a lot over the years.


Today I bought two items at the Sanrio store - both Chococat. I got a lunch/sandwich box type thing with utensils stored in the lid, and a little compact mirror shaped like Chococat's face. They're both adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment